You are here:
Home » Legislation Overview »
Main Pieces of Legislation
- Animal Health and Welfare Act 2013
- Duty to protect animal welfare
- Prohibition on animal cruelty
- Feeding of animals
- Prohibition on abandonment of animals
- Prohibition on animal fighting, etc.
- Prohibited operations and procedures
- Use of anaesthetics, etc.
- Protection of animals from poison
- Inspection of protected animals and equipment
- Records as regards intensive units
- Welfare of animals during sale
- Regulation of sale of animals to minors
- Humane destruction of animal
- Measures relating to animals in distress
- Control of Horses Act 1996 and Control of Horses Bye-laws (per local authority)
- Keeping of horses in a control area, licensing, prohibition on straying, causing a nuisance, danger.
- Equine Identification
- Change of ownership (Sale and Purchase of Equines)
- Horses and animal-drawn vehicles on roads